Your website is up, now what? Now comes the promotion of your website. Creating social media profiles for your website is a powerful tool for drawing potential customers. It cannot be denied, social media is an overwhelming presence in our everyday lives. Take a moment to review the top five social media sites to drive traffic to your website.
1. Facebook. Currently the most popular social media site, users range from all ages and demographic areas. Having a Facebook profile for your website will put your services in view of millions of people a day.
2. Twitter. The next most popular social media site today, you can use Twitter to promote your website in short 140 character messages.
3. LinkedIn. Often the forgotten social media site, LinkedIn is a tool for serious professionals. Less glitzy then other social media sites, LinkedIn provides a clean, professional front for your website.
4. Google. The new social media website by Google is growing exponentially every day. Google provides a platform to promote yourself and your services. It is proven to be a great site to interact with like business owners and develop a brand for your website.
5. About.me. This is a perfect social media site for creating the online business card. It allows you to place all of your information in one place in a visually pleasing business card. Direct your potential clients to the site and all of your information, including your website is in one easy to see location.
No matter which social media site you choose, or choose if you choose all five; having an online presence in the world of social media is vital to promoting your website.